9.21.2010

The Life of a New Wife

So, I just got married 3 1/2 weeks ago.  There was a lot that I was looking forward to with being Dustin's wife.  One of those things is cooking and baking!!!  It is way more fun to spend an hour making dinner when someone else is eating it too!  And I received such wonderful gifts with which to move forward in the cooking world!
Me getting really excited about an apron and orange casserole dish:) 

I've decided to have Dustin rate each meal I make him on a scale of 1-10.  Dustin has qualified each rating by how many times he would eat it each month.  Like right now, I'm asking him what he thought of dinner.

me: "so what would you rate dinner?"
husband: "what did i rate those enchiladas you made the other day (he devoured these...clearly an 8.5/10)"
me: "i think an 8 or 8.5"
husband: "then i would say 7.5 or 8."
me: "really?" (my expectations were not met with my thai curry chicken pasta recipe)
husband: "well, maybe a 7 or 7.5.  maybe a 6.5.  i would eat it once a month"

ok, so I guess a "6.5" is once a month.  I love my husband.  He will gladly try anything I make him.  Thankfully.  I would have probably given dinner a 5.

Anyways, I found this recipe for Plum Skillet Cake in a Martha Stewart magazine and we loved it!  So fresh and you can totally substitute the fruit for whatever you have laying around.  I used fresh peaches.



Dustin gave it a 9.5.  He may or may not have a sweet tooth :)


Oh, and everything is better with a scoop of ice cream, so we will probably do that next time!  Make it and let me know YOUR rating!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! :) I love the photos, and it sounds like you talking. Nothing could be better!!! :) I look forward to many more fun posts!

    ReplyDelete