1.16.2011

All Natural

Hi Friends!

So, I went to the grocery store today.  It's a pretty routine thing for me each weekend, and sometimes during the week too (I'm trying to get better at how frequently I go).  To some people (insert husband here), the grocery store is overwhelming and immediately causes blood pressure to rise and stress to explode.  For me, it is quite the opposite.  I REALLY enjoy going (shhh, don't tell hubby, he may try to get out of it for life :) ).  I love all of the colors, the creativity of planning delicious meals, and the art of finding good deals.  The crowds are a little annoying, but I could get caught up at the grocery store for a good hour or more.

My grocery shopping has changed drastically by 2 things:
1) Being married
and 2) this video-->

(the full length movie is on Netflix instant watch right now! Check it out!)

Call me crazy, but this movie really got me!  I watched it one night when Dustin was out of town for work and I swear, we were vegetarians when he got home.  Just joking.  He wouldn't allow that!  But, in all seriousness, I've really changed how I buy just about everything!  I know its increased our grocery budget, but that's a sacrifice we are willing to make for healthier, more nutrient dense foods.  And really, you can find good deals even in the organic/health foods section.  It's bargain shopping, people!  Just like everything else!  And you know what else?  It makes me even more pumped for the garden I'm planting this spring and the local farmer's markets that will start up!

Ok, off my rant now:)  On this week's menu... all natural turkey chili!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. All natural turkey chili sounds wonderful with all this fresh snow around us. Dustin is blessed that you enjoy this! :) And, I don't call you crazy. Thinking is good. I want to watch that movie, but with Scott. I will probably be really frustrated because I don't have much of an option for shopping. :) I know that the Food industry is incredibly powerful. Stevia, a plant that happens to be naturally sweet, couldn't be sold as a sweetener because of that power.

    Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete