10.17.2010

"...Because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."



Dustin's surgery was on Friday and it went just as well as the doctor thought it would.  Praise Jesus!  They took his thyroid out and the surrounding lymph nodes.  I was so relieved to see my husband's face with eyes open after the surgery was over!  He had a little nausea from the anesthesia, but by the evening time he was eating graham crackers with peanut butter and banana.  Oh, and sprite zero :)


We are now home, watching the Chiefs on tv (are they good this year?) and finally relaxing together.  I feel like we have climbed a mountain and we are on the way down.


Dustin and I have been reading a lot of psalms lately.  A theme that I have picked up is God as our refuge and strength.  We are clinging to this now.  I have also noticed how often the psalmist remembers the work of the Lord.  So, I feel like I need to do that, publicly and privately, as often as I can.


"Come, behold the works of the Lord"

  • Dustin and I are husband and wife, what a blessing in times like these
  • Our parents have visited us and made us wonderfully delicious meals, helped us do laundry, clean the kitchen, and let us nap
  • Dustin's work is so supportive and flexible as he had to take time off to recover
  • My work has been flexible too
  • I was able to spend a weekend with my mom and 2 sisters in Dallas, what an encouragement for me
  • Dustin is on my insurance
  • The town of Sabetha, KS, including family and dear friends, have been praying for us, sending us cards and messages of encouragement. Wow, a whole town.
  • Friends making us meals...again, I am so thankful
  • Friends and family all over the world, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, South Korea, and friends from the blogging world praying for us.  I can FEEL this.
  • My co-workers starting off their day praying for Dustin's surgery.  How cool.
  • Special times in the Word, verses passed on to us, scripture prayed over us.
  • All of this has gone quickly, which is such a good thing when you want to get the cancer out of your body
  • The cancer is the easiest to treat
  • Family willing to stay with Dustin while I'm off to work
I hope this is encouraging to you too.  I could go on and on. I mean, fighting cancer has taken on a whole new form for me.  I imagine us, not only fighting cancer physically, but fighting it with prayer and pleading to the Lord.  He is ultimately in control, and we are trying, day to day, to be ok with that.  HE is our refuge and strength.  This is nothing else on this earth that compares.

Thank you for following us and loving us in this.  We ask for you to continue to pray for healing and recovery.  And especially that the cancer would be completely gone now.

And now, I leave you with this.  My love and my very best friend, for whom I am so thankful:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well and getting better! WHAT a blessing to have so many people lifting you and Dustin up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well! Praise be to God! I know we were praying for you as well down here in FL... It was verry good to see you both and I hope that it is not years before we can do it again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. I'm incredibly encouraged by your positivity. You and Dustin are truly lucky to have each other. Love you!

    ReplyDelete