"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven...: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal;a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate;a time for war, and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
So, this is a blog post I never thought I would write. But it is occupying our lives right now, so I feel the need to acknowledge it. I couldn't move on to posts about my potato soup night or the "10 things Dustin won't let me blog about" (don't worry, it will happen).
We are now heading into our 7th week of marriage. And we just found out that Dustin has thyroid cancer. Two weeks ago, it was a simple check up. Then we had an ultrasound, a biopsy, and a meeting with the surgeon. I mean, talk about a massive emotional roller coaster. THANK JESUS that the type of cancer is the best kind to have. Dustin will have his thyroid removed and we will have some follow up, but hopefully by Christmas, it will be behind us.
God is good all the time. He has given us wonderfully encouraging family and friends. So often over the last few weeks we have had people text us, email us, pray for us, hug us, visit us, and bless us with loving words of understanding and care. In the midst of turmoil and questions, we have felt the Rock of our Lord through the people closest to us.
Pray for us to continue to trust God. For Dustin's surgery on October 15th, that the surgeon's hands would diligently perform a successful surgery. For the recovery to be quick. And for the cancer to be completely and forever removed from his body. Pray that our love for each other would grow more and more in the midst of hard things, and that our faith would not waiver.
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples.
You with your arm redeemed your people, the children of Jacob and Joseph.
Psalm 77:11-15
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God?
You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples.
You with your arm redeemed your people, the children of Jacob and Joseph.
Psalm 77:11-15

Oh, sweet Lynelle! My heart goes out to you. We're praying here and loving you from afar.
ReplyDeleteOh my word, I can only imagine what an emotional roller coaster you've been on! Praise the Lord that it's easy to treat and that it will all be behind you soon. It's true - God is good all the time!
ReplyDeleteWow that is crazy - so glad that everything is looking optimistic. My best friend Becky's husband (you've met her), had bladder cancer last year. Thankfully, it was a very simple cure as well. Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete